Blake Law is here to assist you and your family globally.
Some Key areas in mental health law that Blake Law assists families with include:
- Assisting families in protecting their loved ones who may be suffering from some form of diminished capacity;
- Assisting families in determining whether some form of intervention makes sense, including getting an examination and an evaluation of risk;
- Assisting families in understanding the law related to diminished capacity, and what options exist.
- Assistance in accessing and financing medical care for the person with a mental illness or other form of intellectual disability or diminished capacity;
- Long-term planning to that allows family members to create and fund wills, trusts, including Special Needs Trusts or other legal devices that will allow them to create a legacy to protect the needs of a loved one with diminished capacity.
- Assisting individuals with diminished capacity in maintaining the level of control they require while also seeking guidance and help in the manner they wish, taking into account their personal preferences.
- Assisting clients in evaluating whether any of the following tools will assist: Health Care Proxies, Durable Power of Attorneys, Trusts, including Special Needs Trusts, and Guardianships or Conservatorships.
These are not simple matters. At Blake Law our attorneys have handled many, many complex mental health cases. We invite you to contact our office to schedule an appointment to discuss your situation.